Double Stone Ltd produces coloured stainless steel through an innovative process of PVD Titanium Ion Coating that improves the performance of stainless steel by significantly increasing its resistance to corrosion, scratching and wear. Double Stone Steel can be specified in an extensive spectrum of colours or colour-matched to other finishes in your design scheme. PVD coloured stainless steel is used for exterior and interior applications.
Double Stone Ltd PVD coloured stainless steel is more environmentally friendly than processes such as electroplating and painting, with zero discharge of gas, water, waste and other residue.
We work internationally and can supply around the world via our international partners
Typical projects using our PVD coloured stainless steel
PVD coloured stainless steel options
Our range of JDL 3V 144 lever handles
Small components and architectural ironmongery products can be PVD coated. Here we have created our own range of PVD coloured stainless steel lever handles.
These are of a highly robust construction and suitable for contract environments.
- Lever handle and substructure cover are not detachable so are highly secure.
- Special roller race ball bearing, spring-assisted self -entering. This means the handle returns to its natural position and can also be moved upwards.
- Warp-resistant solid square spindle of hardened and galvanized steel.
- Precise-finished brushed satin stainless steel, formed surface, secure fitting back to back TORX® fixing bolts. This enables easy installation.
Machine capacities for colouring stainless steel
Our colouring machines come in three different sizes which enables us to maximise machine capacities which vary depending on the types of products that need be coloured.
Versatile product handling
In addition to colouring products and sheets we can manufacture to your specifications all types of products from profiles, custom formed sheets and laser cutting to staircases, furniture and display units.
Fabricated product and small-medium products PVD machine.
These machines are typically used to colour, small furniture pieces, door handles, spider brackets and retail displays/racks.
Long item and profile PVD colouring machine
Colouring objects of up to 4 metres in lengths, this machine is often used for colouring pre-formed profiles, hand rails, architraves and door frames.
PVD Stainless Steel Sheet Machine
The largest sheet size we can colour is up to 1500mmx6000mm
- Sheet thickness 0.3mm – max 3mm
PVD coloured sheets can be folded and laser cut without affecting the colour.
The standard size sheets we supply are:
- 1220mm x2440mm
- 1500mm x3000mm
We can manufacture folded profiles with our V-cutting machines.
Why specify PVD?
PVD coated stainless steel has the following benefits:-
- Wear and scratch resistant
- Corrosion resistant
- Environmentally friendly – zero waste residue
- 3-6 microns thin, ideal for post- manufacture application
- Flush finish where two PVD coatings meet
- Creates a metal-against-metal lubricant
- Stainless steel material is 60% recycled and 100% recyclable
- Can be colour matched to other finishes & materials
- Can be specified in a wide spectrum of colours
- Can mimic more expensive materials such as bronze, brass & gold
- Can be completely colourless for a natural stainless steel appearance
- Can be re-coated once coated
- Anti-fingerprint coatings in gloss or satin
- Anti-microbial coating
- Embossed finishes, coloured and uncoloured
All Coloured Stainless Steel PVD coatings are guaranteed for twelve years.
Request a Sample
Use our form below to request a sample from Double Stone Steel.
For technical help with PVD contact April on [email protected]
Samples for students
Our policy is to actively support architecture and design students in their studies. We are regretful that at the present time we have sent out all of our allocated samples for students and are not able to fulfil any current requests for these. Please do check back with us later in the year.
Non-company email addresses
Please note that if you give us a non-company email address (for example gmail or hotmail) we do need your Company Name in order to process your request.
We regret that at this time we are unable to process requests from individual householders.